Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back to It

This past week was my first trip of the year. 1 down 7 to go for Cordova! As is typical when I go to Cordova, the weather was exquisite. Truly, I have never experienced more than a day or two of rain while there. For those of you who don't know, Cordova never sees the sun. It's weather is similar to Juneau and Ketchikan: gray skies, rain and rain.I tell the locals that the sun comes out when I'm in town (obviously).

This week however was exceptional. The trip started with a fly-by view of Mt. McKinley, although I was sitting on the wrong side of the plane to get pictures! When I fly to Anchorage I always sit on the right side of the plane so I can see Denali if the mountain is out. This trip though, the skies were so clear the pilot did a special fly-by where he dropped down to 24,000 feet and circled around the mountain. Those on the left side of the plane had all the views. I did get this nice picture of Mt. Foraker though.



All week the weather was like this:
 

Cordova has a strong arts community and there's always interesting art to see:

On my last day the clouds began to move in. But still, no rain.  
What I love about this picture is the
sky's reflection in the windows.

Apparently I have a full service hotel. These were in the dresser drawer upon my arrival.

By the time I left Cordova I was a blithering fool. My last day was intense with three evaluations plus regular therapy for 7 others. I couldn't string two words together that evening. When the bartender asked me what I was having all I could say was, "Point to the turtle farthest from the cat before you point to the little bear!" He looked at me quizzically and I continued, "How do a shoe and sock go together?!?" He poured a little extra in my wine glass.

Kitties were happy to see me.