Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bright Lights Big City

I ventured to Anchorage last weekend to visit Hollie, Henlie and Jon. It is a long drive but infinitely more scenic than driving between the Bay Area and Los Angeles. No McKinley or moose sightings this trip, but I also didn't get pulled over by the troopers.

The weather in Anchorage unfortunately was dismal: cold and gray, lots of rain. So much for the great Alaska summer! A rainy Saturday was a good day to be crafty -- we made "calming jars".



 

Once we were calmed, Hollie and I went out for a night on the town. Anchorage has no shortage of people watching opportunities or interesting cab rides home.


It's hard to be mad at Denver Pile for being naughty when he's so dang cute.
007 was otherwise engaged this weekend. My parting words: "Don't do anything that will require me to give you speech therapy."