Friday, August 3, 2012

The Goods Are Odd

Let's focus for a moment on the men portion of this blog, shall we?

I've mentioned before that in Alaska there's a saying about the plethora of men compared to women: "the odds are good but the goods are odd." To exemplify this point I give you the following email I received from ClassyBigDee, shortly before I met 007.


Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is what's available in Fairbanks, Alaska. And, this was not an isolated incident. (You remember my experience with the BARF, right?) Oh, and to you, "Singleandesperate" -- please change your user name.

Is it any wonder that I've been so taken with 007? I cartwheeled* to my laptop to cancel my match.com account after our second date. Suffice it to say 007 is far classier than BigDee. And that's not classy with a 'K'.


*I've been watching a lot of Olympic coverage (albeit through illegal streaming), in particular the gymnastics. Hence the cartwheel reference. What I wouldn't give to be able to do "a roundoff, one-and-a-half twisting flip into another roundoff, backhand spring, half-twisting double flip, into another flip." Sheesh. I can barely get my feet off the ground to do a jump tucks at Crossfit, and not fall over when I land!