Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bring It

My patience has worn thin. I'm cold and I want sun: cornea burning, blister forming, melanoma giving, burn the soles of your feet walking across hot sand, fry an egg on the sidewalk, bright, hot sun.

Not this dim-watted, low-energy equivalent of a CF light bulb that turns on at 4:30am, acting as if it's on a dimmer switch all day, sliding into the off position at 11:00pm. When the sun sets I want to be able to heave a sigh and feel the relief that comes from having a few hours of coolness in contrast to the heat of the day.
Oh sure, it *looks* like a big ball of fire.

Seventeen hours of sunlight? I'm not impressed. Sun without heat is pretty to look at for awhile but eventually it needs to get real and hook a sistah up!

I want hot. I want beads of sweat trickling down my back. I want the heat from a rock radiating through my clothes to my skin. I want to set a box fan in my window and listen to the whirl of the blades; the air so thick with heat that the fan merely pushes the hot air across my body never cooling it.

This, is what I need from sun.

Or maybe I could I just crank up the Vitamin D supplementation.

No comments:

Post a Comment